Volunteer Opportunity: Circle of Distinction Selection Committee and Young Leader Award Panel of Judges
October 12, 2017
ICF is now accepting applications for two 2018 volunteer opportunities: the Selection Committee for the new Circle of Distinction recognition program and the Panel of Judges for the 2018 ICF Young Leader Award.
The Circle of Distinction and Young Leader programs are designed to celebrate the contributions and achievements of individual coach practitioners to professional coaching and to ICF. ICF Circle of Distinction members will be experienced coach practitioners who have made their mark on ICF and the coaching profession. Young Leader Award honorees will be coach practitioners under the age of 40 who are poised to lead ICF and the coaching profession into the future.
Volunteers will be responsible for reviewing nominations, participating in finalist interviews and collaborating with their peers to identify the inaugural class of honorees for each program. ICF is seeking volunteers who:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the core values of ICF
- Possess relevant experience (e.g., previous service as a judge in an awards program based on individual professional/volunteer achievement)
- Demonstrate experience with committee work and collaborative decision-making
- Are comfortable reading, writing and communicating orally in English
Volunteers must also be willing and able to commit to:
- A 90-minute orientation (conducted virtually) during the week of January 8, 2018
- Reviewing all nominations from January 8–February 5, 2018
- Attending or listening to recordings of up to 10 finalist interviews and reviewing up to 10 packets of written responses to essay questions from February 26–March 16, 2018
- A 90-minute honoree selection call during the week of March 26, 2018
The application to serve is available here.
Please contact ICF Communications and Awards Manager Abby Heverin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this volunteer opportunity.