ICF Announces Dates for International Coaching Week 2018
June 8, 2017
International Coaching Week (ICW) 2018 will take place May 7-13, 2018. During this weeklong celebration, ICF Chapters and coaches around the world will host a variety of activities and deliver pro bono services in their local communities to enable others to experience coaching and its benefits firsthand.
ICF’s announcement follows the association’s largest celebration yet. During ICW 2017, held May 15–21, 2017, more than 60 ICF Chapters around the world offered over 300 opportunities to celebrate and experience coaching, including conferences, webinars, partnerships with businesses and organizations, and free coaching sessions.
ICW 2017 highlights included:
- ICF Czech Republic launched a long-term pro bono project, in which chapter members will provide complimentary coaching sessions to employees at the Tereza Maxová Foundation.
- ICF Malaysia offered workshops and coaching awareness discussions to various local organizations, including Kimberly Clark and Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency.
- ICF Spain provided nearly 100 activities to an estimated 5,000 participants. Events included webinars, workshops, conferences and pro bono coaching sessions.
- ICF Panama held a coaching fair, which was open to executives, professionals, entrepreneurs and students. The event garnered attention from print and television media.
- ICF Toronto offered a wide variety of ways for people to get involved, including a Twitter chat, which allowed the public to ask and learn more about coaching. The chapter also provided complimentary coaching sessions for eight local nonprofit organizations.
- As a collaborative effort on behalf of ICF Chapters in the Middle East, the first-ever Middle East Prism Awards program was held. The award recognized organizations in the region with strong coaching cultures.
ICW 2018 dates were first announced by ICF Vice President of Global Development and Membership Colmon Elridge via a Facebook Live broadcast.
ICF Global staff continues to collect and curate ICF Chapters’ ICW 2017 success stories to share with ICF Members and the public. ICF Chapter Leaders are invited to share event data and details and high-resolution photos to their regional development advocates or to firstname.lastname@example.org.